At Oxfam, we strongly believe that individuals coming together is the key to build a fairer world for all. Since our creation, we try to offer our volunteers innovative and exciting ways of taking action with Oxfam. Our aim is for every citizen to be able to take part in solidarity actions to relieve the less fortunate.
As a team of 4, you will trek 100km, within 30 hours, without relay, across the Morvan Regional Natural Park or in Normandy around Dieppe. The challenge is also to raise money from family and friends to support Oxfam’s actions. You will live an extraordinary human adventure !
Trailwalker Oxfam France is the ultimate team endurance event and a unique opportunity to actively help end poverty with every step you take. With our support you will push yourself and find the strength you never knew you had.
Some figures from the 2021 edition in Dieppe:
- € 554 000 raised
- 1224 walkers
- 125 volunteers
An international event
Since the first event in 1981, thousands of walkers around the world have taken part in the challenge and walked collectively the equivalent of more than 100 world tours. Since the beginning, these Oxfam ambassadors have raised over 40 million euros.
Oxfam Trailwalker is fast becoming a global phenomenon: no less than 16 events are now held in 10 countries.
TRAILWALKER OXFAM around the world
Australia: Brisbane — Melbourne — Sydney
Spain: Girona — Madrid — Euskadi
France: Trailwalker Morvan Trailwalker Dieppe
Great-Britain: Park National de la rein Elizabeth
China: Hong Kong
India: Mumbai — Bengaluru
South Korea: Jeollanam-do
How we fight poverty
The injustice of poverty demands a powerful and practical response in order to address both its roots and its impact on people’s lives.
Using a seven-sided strategy to weave together the complex web of our efforts and participation with others, we seek to overcome poverty.
- When people have the power to claim their basic human rights, they can escape poverty – permanently. This core belief underpins our development programmes in more than 90 countries. With our partners, allies and with local communities, we help people to claim rights for themselves.
- Human development is often driven by empowered women. But women and girls are still massively under-represented and often oppressed. We work to help them speak out and demand justice, and to assert their leadership. The right to gender justice underpins all of our work.
- When disaster strikes, we are there. We help people caught up in natural disasters and conflict. We typically provide clean water, food and sanitation in disaster zones. As far as we can, we strive to ensure that both the military and civilians are protected. We also seek to reduce the risk to poor people of future disasters by continuing to work with them long after the immediate crisis is over.
- Natural resources are vital for prosperity, and poor people are often not getting their fair share. This situation is worsened by the impact of climate change which the international community is failing to address properly. We lobby governments, international organizations and corporations for fairer land policies, and take action on climate change.
- To stop people going hungry, we work to secure global food supplies so that people always have enough to eat.
- Right now, almost a billion of us go to bed hungry every night. Not because there isn’t enough. But because of the deep injustice in the way the food system works. We can grow in a better way– one that contributes much more to human wellbeing.
- Being able to access basic services such as health and education is essential to people’s wellbeing and to human development. We push to secure adequate financial flows to sustain basic services for poor people.
- 19 Oxfam affiliates
- More than 90 countries of intervention
- More than 1 billion euros of budget
- 10,000 Oxfam employees around the world
- 25 million direct beneficiaries of program
- Acting since 1942 all over the world
- Oxfam Website France : oxfamfrance.org
- Download (in French) : Annual activity report 2021-2021
Where do your donations go?
Oxfam France is a member of the Charter Committee.
The donations you collect are directly donated to Oxfam France to finance its programmes in favour of a fairer world.
Every action, campaign, research or tie-in with local partners is only possible through individual donations, which guarantee our independence and freedom of speech.